Follow the race
Live streaming of the prologue and of stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 on the Tour de l’Avenir Facebook page.
Stages 5 and 6 live on Eurosport France, Eurosport International, Eurosport Asia Pacific and Sky New Zealand.
Live streaming of stages 5 and 6 on Eurosport Player.
For more than 2 hours before the start of the race, the Village Départ is the daily meeting point of all involved in the race. Join us in this very special world:
- Team paddock and rider presentation (MCed by a DJ).
- Local partners, producers and artisans booths.
- Celebrities, media and former pros like Bernard Hinault.
- Vehicles of the advertising caravan.
Follow the all the intensity of the race and meet, before anyone else, the champions of tomorrow:
- Big screen broadcast of the race.
- The advertising caravan drives across the finish.
- MCed by speaker Nicolas Loth and an international DJ.
- Riders race to the finish line.
- Podium ceremony and musical entertainment.
- Interviews and autographs by riders in the paddocks area.
The advertising caravan
About twenty event vehicles will drive the course 30 minutes ahead of the riders and distribute over 100,000 freebies to road side spectators.
The vehicles will be listed on this page on July 1st.
Please note: for security reasons freebies will only be handed out on the right hand side of the road.
Choose your spot
- At points of racing highlights: intermediate sprints or King of the Mountain (KOM) lines. Racing battles assured.
- In a climb, a false flat or a mountain pass. The riders will pass more slowly.
- For safety reasons stay on the right hand side of the road.
Follow the safety guidelines
- Follow all instructions given by the police and stewards.
- Keep an eye on your children and hold the youngest by the hand.Keep an eye on your children and hold the youngest by the hand.
- Do not encroach on the road while taking photos, videos and selfies.
- Pets must be kept on a leash.
- Move as far away from the road as possible. Gutters and sidewalks can be used by riders.
- Stay behind the security gates if there are any.
- Be very careful when picking up goodies handed out by the advertising caravan. Do not cross the road to collect them.
- Do not run alongside the riders. For their safety, do not stand ahead of them, even to encourage them.
- Do not spray riders with water or any liquid.
- Watch out for heatstrokes. Take plenty of water with you.
Peculiar instructions for stage 3 (Divonne-les-Bains > Col de la Faucille) and stage 6 (Saint-Michel-de-Maurienne > Bourg-Saint-Maurice – Les Arcs 1800) :
The preservation of these exceptional territories depends, among other things, on your behaviour. It deserves that you stay on the paths, that the dog is left at home and the car on the parking area provided for this purpose, not to light fires, not to camp or not to pick or take flowers, fruits, insects or minerals . You will then discover in all serenity the countless curiosities and riches of these protected parks.
Thus, to ensure the sustainability of this sensitive area and the practices that take place there, it is advisable to adapt your habits and to respect the regulations in force for the Haute Chaîne du Jura and the regulations in force for Parc de la Vanoise .
Summaries, photos and full rankings of the day’s stage.
On social media
Our page will live-stream stages 1, 2, 3 and 4.
On (@tourdelavenir) will show you the race from the inside and showcase the best photos of the day.
We will live-tweet the race and interact with you on (@tourdelavenir).
We will post daily vvideo summaries of the race on our channel.
And by joining our Club you can follow the rides of our former and future participants as well as download the GPS files of the 2020 route.
- Team paddock and presentation of the riders.
- Booths of local partners, producers and artisans.
- Celebs, media and former pros like Bernard Hinault.
- Wild vehicles of the advertising caravan.
Over 100,000 goodies handed out by around twenty event vehicles half an hour before the riders pass by.
Big Screen & DJ
Set up on the finish line, the big screen will broadcast the last hour of the race with commentary by Nicolas Loth and music by an international DJ. Everything you need for an intense finale.
Stage by stage
Stage 114 August
2 racing highlights
KM 70Sprint - Faux-Fresnay
KM 156.4GPM - Côte de Fravaux (Cat. 4)
Stage 215 August
8 racing highlights
KM 12.1GPM - Côte de Châtelneuf (Cat. 4)
KM 24.5GPM - Côte de Frasnois (Cat. 4)
KM 38.7Sprint - Saint-Maurice-Crillat
KM 44.4GPM - Col de la Joux (Cat. 3)
KM1er Passage sur la ligne d'arrivée - Septmoncel
KM 92.2GPM - Côte de la Combe du Lac (Cat. 3)
KM2nd Passage sur la ligne d'arrivée - Septmoncel
KM 119GPM - Côte de la Combe du Lac (Cat. 3)
Stage 316 August
Col de la Faucille - Pays de Gex Agglo –
1 racing highlight
KM 19.8GPM - Arrivée Col de la Faucille
Stage 417 August
Saint François Longchamp –
6 racing highlights
KM 43.7Sprint - Belley
KM 74.9GPM - Col de la Chambotte (Cat. 2)
KM 88.6GPM - Côte de Chainaz-les-Frasses (Cat. 3)
KM 121.6GPM - Col du Frêne (Cat. 4)
KM 155.6GPM - Côte de Saint-Georges-d'Hurtuières (Cat. 3)
KM 190.9GPM - Arrivée Saint-François-Longchamp (HC)
Stage 518 August
La Tour-en-Maurienne –
La Toussuire –
4 racing highlights
KM 1214.4GPM - Col du Chaussy (Cat. 1)
KM 41.9Sprint - Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
KM 50.5GPM - Montée de Jarrier (Cat. 2)
KM 69GPM - Arrivée - La Toussuire (Cat. 1)
Stage 619 August
Bourg Saint Maurice / Arc 1800 –
4 racing highlights
KM 46GPM - Col de la Madeleine (Cat 3)
KM 51.3Sprint - Bessans
KM 71.6GPM - Col de l'Iseran (HC)
KM 134GPM - Arrivée - Bourg Saint Maurice Les Arcs 1800 (Cat. 1)